French electric utility company EDF has suggested China to halt operations at the Taishan nuclear reactor, after finding issues with fuel rod seals. The Taishan nuclear power plant in China’s Guangdong province is operated by a joint venture between China Guangdong Nuclear Power (CGNPC) and EDF. CGNPC holds a 70% stake in the joint venture, while the state-controlled French group owns the remaining 30%. EDF analysed the data provided by the Taishan power plant operator, after the detection of unsealed assembly rods in a reactor at the facility. The company mainly focused on the analysis of data pertaining to the chemical composition of the primary circuit water. Based on the data, EDF concluded that the radiochemical parameters of the primary circuit water remain below the regulatory thresholds in force at the Taishan plant.
NS Energy 23rd July 2021 read more »
Power Technology 23rd July 2021 read more »