The shutdown of a nuclear reactor at a power plant in southern China could signal extra caution over a cutting-edge system that its developers plan to roll out in other countries, according to industry analysts. China General Nuclear Power Group (CGN), which owns 70 per cent of the Taishan Nuclear Power Plant, said on Friday it had closed one of the plant’s reactors for maintenance work to repair damaged fuel rods. The decision came one week after French energy conglomerate Électricité de France (EDF), which owns the remaining 30 per cent of the plant, suggested a shutdown of the reactor was necessary.
South China Morning Post 31st July 2021 read more »
China finally shuts down reactor after Taishan EPR incident. A month after minimizing radioactive leaks, the operator of the power plant built by EDF in Taishan shut down the reactor.
Ouest France 30th July 2021 read more »