The Irish government has been ordered by the Supreme Court to significantly strengthen its climate action efforts.
Business Green 31st July 2020 read more »
Allocating 10 % of the transport capital budget to cycling has been a long-standing demand of the European Cyclists’ Federation (ECF). But so far, to our knowledge, this has nowhere been materialised with central government funding – until now. At the end of June, by adopting the Programme for Government (PfG), the three incoming governing parties agreed to: … an allocation of 10% of the total transport capital budget for cycling projects and an allocation of 10% of the total capital budget for pedestrian infrastructure. The Government’s commitment to cycling and pedestrian projects will be set at 20% of the 2020 capital budget (€360 million) per year for the lifetime of the Government.
European Cycling Federation 29th July 2020 read more »