SCOTLAND is set for a substantial rise in the number of low- and zero-emission vehicles in the coming years with new research showing more than half of drivers are considering either hybrid or fully electric models for their next car. According to a survey from global telematics firm Geotab, 39% of prospective buyers are aiming to buy a hybrid vehicle with 17% opting for electric. However, the research showed that despite the appetite for electric vehicles (EVs), Scots are still concerned about the availability of charging points and vehicle range. A total of 56% of drivers in Scotland are considering electric or hybrid vehicles, behind the UK figure of 60%, but the study said that our geography is a key factor in the difference.
The National 15th Nov 2019 read more »
“Berlin rocks,” Elon Musk declared on stage at an awards ceremony in the German capital on Tuesday. Amid gasps from the audience, he had just made a shock announcement: Berlin – not Britain – will be the location of Tesla’s first gigafactory in Europe. Thanks in part to Brexit, the UK will play no part in Tesla’s grand expansion plan into Europe, which could help it meet escalating production targets and increase profits to beat off growing competition from other manufacturers. Speaking to trade site Auto Express, Musk said Brexit uncertainty “made it too risky to put a gigafactory in the UK”. But there was never much hope of that anyway.
Wired 14th Nov 2019 read more »